10 June 2010

...Oh What Can It Mean, To A Day Dream Believer...

My mind has been working so hard today.  I'm always thinking about something, and typically it's something I am letting myself fret about or convince myself of (Ex.a serial killer is in my house at night, or that I have crud on my face and no one is telling me)!  Today has been different though, a change in my normal pace.  Of course, that means my notes about perpetual motion from class this morning were a little shaky...I have been dreaming, and imagining all sorts of things for our future. Things I have always turned my nose up towards. Until NOW!
For example, J has always talked about owning a ton of land, in the country. I believe his last desired quantity was 3000 acres, dream big honey!  Never once did I ever think I would agree to that notion.  Suprisingly it is ALL I can think about today, literally!  I want to start a ranch, with cattle (organic!!) and have horses and fields and too much prairie area to maintain.  I want it all!  I don't even know if it is possible to start a ranch from scratch, but we are gonna do it!  Honestly, I haven't let J in on our big plans yet...when I got home, he was mowing our 1.5 acre prairie!
Editing technique I call "Dusty", In order to acheive this effect one must capture a photo while husband is mowing over the patchy (mix of grass and red dirt) portion of one's land.

While J was vigorously maintianing our homestead, I was maintaining my appearance.  Every 8 weeks on the dot I go to the "city" to Le Fringe Salon and get my hair spoiled!  My nephew Jack Hayes joined my mom and I at the salon, when the nail tech lady noticed someone had painted his tiny boy toenails bright pink.  Obviously his mother is the culprit! In an attempt to get the pink off of his toes the nail tech lady offered to paint them black!  He instantly agreed and so ensued his pampering session.  I am aware of how this may seem to some, but if you ask Jack about his fashion and beauty choices he has referred to himself in the past as "metro", oh brother!!

I know eventually these little quirks will fade away.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't he just so damn cute! Hey as a mom I have bigger things to do than to fret over if my young son wants pink toes. I do however love that he enjoyed the salon, and his black toe nails! On another note, I think J and Curt must be talking behind our backs. Curt want a ton of land as well.I will most likely give in. The boys would have tons of room to be boys!

    ReplyDelete